- Cut winners short in fear of giving profits back
- Hesitate in pulling the trigger because you fear the prospects of a loss
- Hang on to losing trades because you fear taking the loss
- Jump into unplanned trades because you fear leaving money on the table
- How and why fear affects the trader
- We will clarify exactly what fear is, how it operates in trading, and how you can detect fear early, before it has a chance to become debilitating
- The primary fears a trader faces and how hope and greed are also forms of fear
- How traders learn to fear the market – how fear is actually self-taught and what can be done about it
- The main ways traders try to solve the problem of fear and why these common and seemingly logical coping strategies are doomed to always fail
- Why fear is such a difficult problem for many traders and look at how and what we say to ourselves, who we act, and how we think about fear that makes it so difficult for us to deal with fear
- Guidelines to help you look carefully at how you have personally dealt with fear and why these attempts have proven fruitles
- We will detail the foundation of confident trading and will explain where true trading confidence comes from and how to develop it
- Through the course of the webinar, we will build tools to minimize the effects of fear, including:
- Clarifying the difference between high value actions (HVAs) and fear-based actions and how to begin applying HVAs to build confidence
- Developing your personal list of HVAs to put you on the road to confident trading
- Learning the key mental skills from cutting edge achievement psychology, including essential techniques to help you put yourself into ‘the zone’
- Mindfulness and mindful attention
- How to decenter from scary thoughts and fearful emotions
- How to view your thoughts, feelings and actions in such a way to help you make better trading choices
- Techniques to help to effectively deal with the fearful urges of “cutting & running”
- Techniques to help you place yourself the way you want to trade into action, step-by-step
- How to put mental flexibility into your trading so you are not just reacting to your emotions, but choosing how to will react based on sound trading behaviors
1) I waited for my set up; took about an hour but then I actually took it; did not just watch it go by and wish I had taken it (as usual). Perfect entry.
2) SUD rating: 8… but, I actually pulled the trigger so I was proud!
3) Then with my mind racing I got out at 1 tick instead of my target and, of course, it went exactly where I thought it would (as usual).
This was the best trade I ever took- why?- I realized that because of my fear I was actually HOLDING MY BREATH though the whole 45 second process, sheesh! No mindfullness, here. But, now I understand what is going on and I did not call myself an idiot or stupid, etc.
I have such a clear plan of where I am going now. I will stay with the same set up until I can get it to a SUD of 1-3 and actually complete the entire trade according to my plan… and then I can go to the next phase in my plan.
In the last 4 years of trading I have cried at my computer more than once in frustration. Today, I cry tears of joy and have an additional $6.50 in my account. Life is good”.
“… I have noticed a change in my behavior after attending your lecture in terms of pulling the trigger. I am acting automatically and not worrying about the result. I feel detached and very little stress. I am not sure how this happened but I am happy with the result.”
“If you understand the dynamics of emotions which drive your actions in the market, you can put them in their proper perspective. Your webinar gives insight about proper perspective. I used the material the next day to place a major position in the market for my client accounts. I bought a share in an acculumation where news flows were negative. The share failed to go down on extremely bad news and in fact went up marginally. I was a bit afraid to place the trade but the facts spoke otherwise so I did it anyway… I would highly recommend this webinar to other investors/traders because without understanding of emotions and how they affect your actions, you will be a loser no matter how much your know about technical analysis/Wyckoff or fundamental analysis.”